Thursday, February 21, 2019

Back to the Future, or Playing Catch Up

Where it all began
If I knew then what I know now, I would have started this blog while twiddling my thumbs waiting for Hurricane Florence to come to town.  Alas, I had no idea I would still be sitting in a hotel room with two dogs more than five months after the neighbor's tree landed on my roof, so I'm taking the 'better late than never' approach and will start posting here going forward instead of journaling on Facebook.

It's been difficult to keep up with it all and I really do need to keep a better record of events, so I'll be going through my notes as well as Facebook posts and reconstructing as much as I can here.  These posts will be very detailed (yep, I'll be noting every stinkin' time the fire alarm goes off, and other irritating things that might seem insignificant to others), not only for insurance purposes, but also to share just what surviving in the aftermath of a natural disaster is really like, and the toll it takes on one's mental and physical health.  Some will be recording facts and figures in dealing with insurance company, mortgage company, and my contractor, where others will be a diary of my day-to-day life.  I'm pretty sure this will become a daily grumbling session filled with a considerable amount of negativity, so don't say I didn't warn you.  I need a forum to let it out, and it beats screaming and throwing things, or worse.  Having said that, there are many blessings that I've experienced through it all thus far, and I will be making note of that too, praising Him for what He has done and is continuing to do in my life.

If I remember dates that events occurred, I might backdate posts to reflect that if it doesn't get too confusing, but most will likely just be a conglomeration of various events all clumped together, where accurate dates might not be as important as just getting them recorded.

So ... here we go!  Buckle up ... it's going to be a wild ride.

~ Marie Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment